Our 2019 GEO conference round up
17 April 2019
We’ve made it back from another fantastic GEO event and with a weekend of recovery behind us, we’re now taking a moment to reflect on the 2019 GEO conference. Held in Amsterdam at the very central NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, the Dutch capital provided the perfect cultural backdrop for proceedings and as usual, the event was run without a hitch.
Here’s a rundown of our top GEO conference highlights:
- Presenting with a wonderful, diverse group of clients and industry friends, including Sage, Interxion, Starbucks, Amazon and the GEO next generation team. All our sessions touched on communications, naturally, but we had some engaging debate around shared industry challenges, practical tips to take away and of course… the matter of tackling those pesky millennials!
- Stitch client IHS Markit winning Best Use of a Share Plan in an Emerging Market and joining Abcam in their celebrations for Most Innovative and Creative Plan Design – if you heard whooping from the back of the room, it was probably us!
- A vast array of sparkles on awards night – metallic sequins are most definitely in and Danyle’s dress was definitely worthy of our outfit of the night award.
- The NewBee breakfast on Thursday morning, which was wonderfully organised and an excellent opportunity to meet new faces. The breakfast was also the perfect moment to sample a variety of local cheeses… Old Amsterdam anyone?
- The canal cruise to the Rijksmuseum – in addition to the sensational Rembrandt collection, we enjoyed a very civilised journey there on a glass roofed boat with a local tipple (Heineken). The event had a wonderful atmosphere, enhanced by the music, live dance performances and curious architecture.
- Fabulous keynote speakers peppered throughout the three days. Dr Margaret Heffernan, in particular, caught our attention and has inspired us to implement our very own Stitch power hour three times a week to boost productivity even further. It’s certainly worth watching some of her TED talks if you have a moment
- And of course… the big reveal of next year’s GEO conference location – Nashville! Will we see you there?
In addition to the excitement of the GEO conference, we announced some very special news on Wednesday ahead of the event as we left Bristol tarmac. If you missed it, you can read more here.
What did you make of the GEO conference? Do you want to continue a conversation we had? Get in touch! We look forward to hearing from you.