Two months in. Our journey as Stitch – a Deloitte business
7 August 2019
We’re now two months into our journey of being Stitch – a Deloitte business. Our industry friends have been very keen to know what’s changed and the answer is quite simple: both nothing and everything.
On the face of it, everything appears as it was. We’re still championing employees, guiding them through complex topics and delivering results for our clients. We’re still based by Temple Meads in Bristol. We’re still wearing a lot of loud clothing and we’re certainly still politely disrupting just about every industry event going. So what has actually changed?
- Our new extended family is doing wonders for our subject knowledge and expanding our offering. There are experts wherever and whenever we need them, always happy to give us a masterclass. We feel even stronger being part of this amazing network
- We love the growing industry focus on quality employee communications. Being part of Deloitte gives us a much bigger platform to celebrate employee engagement and we’re really encouraged by how much interest there has been about our arrival both internally and externally
- Continuing to work with our long-standing clients alongside their existing Deloitte teams is giving us valuable strategic insight at earlier stages – getting involved at planning stages means we’re able to help clients tackle their challenges at the source
- We’ve got satellite offices all over the place! Having a London base means we’re out and about even more and we’re delighted to host clients in some pretty amazing places (have you seen the views from 1 New Street Square?)
- When news originally broke at Stitch HQ, it was clear that most of us had no experience of working in a company of more than twenty people. Being part of a much bigger outfit means we have an excellent insight into how our clients’ employees feel – we know all about the on-boarding process, choosing benefits, getting up to speed with E-learning and setting up our pensions.
When we first announced we’d be joining Deloitte, an intriguing, and most organic phenomenon began to develop. Friends and family started sharing Deloitte office snaps from around the world on their travels. See below for the delights of the Toronto office (green dot lamp shade!), the sky-high LA office and the appropriately sandy Barbados hub.
Although the Stitch of old is still very much here and at our core, we’re gradually evolving into an enhanced super Stitch, also known as Stitch – a Deloitte business. We’ll continue to welcome your Deloitte around the world snaps as we forge ahead with our new family, but don’t forget to also keep sharing supreme knitting feats, obscenely orange things and of course, cat GIFs.