X space and beyond
8 July 2019
It’s just over a week since we were having the time of our lives (and working very hard) at the Global Employer Services EMEA Conference in the beautiful city of Copenhagen. What an amazing and inspiring few days it was, hanging out not just with old and new friends in our Deloitte family, but meeting some lovely people from businesses all over the world who’d come together for this special three days to focus on ways to create the very best employee experience.
Six of Team Stitch were in attendance and we were all on the go from the moment we landed, making the most of the opportunity to network and connect with people wherever we could, as well as grabbing the chance to get out and explore as much of the Danish capital as time allowed.
Alongside a literally eye-opening session from Transtech Lab, Jane delivered a fantastic sub plenary to a packed house on the vital role good communications plays in delivering effective employee engagement. Meanwhile Charlotte took on the role of teacher at Shareplan School, filling in her audience on the history of Stitch Communications, along with a unique demonstration of how we go about planning, creating and delivering award-winning campaigns illustrated by a hypothetical company-wide plan which offered all employees the chance to own an electric bike!
If you weren’t able to get along to either of those sessions hopefully you found some of the Stitch gang at this year’s X space, where we eagerly encouraged passers-by to take a couple of minutes to get creative and build a representation of themselves out of possibly Denmark’s greatest export – Lego! This was a really enlightening exercise and revealed some fascinating insights into the psyches of everyone who took part. Take at look at some of our favourites.
When we weren’t on duty (and if we weren’t cornering you in a hallway or an elevator with a 30 second Stitch pitch) we were enjoying everything else that was on offer. Here’s just a few of our other highlights from the trip:
- Hearing former Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt talking about the battles she faced as a woman in a male dominated field and how powerful self-belief enabled her to tear down barriers to success
- Learning how AI and other future technologies could actually help bring the “human” element back to the workplace and create Superjobs!
- The scope for VR to radically enhance employee communications
- Early morning plunges into the icy but immaculately clean river
- Dancing longer and harder than anyone else to the best ABBA tribute band ever!
Were you there too? What was your favourite thing about the conference? Get in touch and say hello! We look forward to hearing from you soon.